A blog for book reviews of largely YA and children's literature, with a focus on middle grade and younger. Find promotional materials, activities, and other library goodies to download and use in your own libraries and classrooms. Started as a school librarian but continued as a public children's librarian.
You can also follow my book reviews and reading progress on Goodreads, Riffle, and NetGalley.
A selection of events, programming, and special projects I lead or support as a children's librarian:
BABY RHYME TIME
BABY RHYME TIME
- Lead one weekly rhyme time for ages 0-3, including rhymes, music, and movement-based activities
- Collaborate with colleague, who leads the second weekly rhyme time to plan and incorporate new songs and early literacy concepts
- Promote rhyme times through traditional marketing and word of mouth, and encourage circulation of materials to parents and children
- Lead twice-weekly story times for the general public, incorporating old favourites, new books, and children's own choices
- Incorporate early literacy concepts, comprehension questions, and movement-based activities
- Promote story times through traditional marketing and word of mouth, and encourage circulation of materials to parents and children
- You can learn more about my story time favourites on Riffle
2016 SUMMER READING CHALLENGE
- Planned, promoted and executed events and resources for the 2016 Summer Reading Challenge in collaboration with fellow children's librarians and wider library and heritage services staff
- Presented pre-challenge assemblies and awards ceremonies at local primary schools to strengthen our working relationship and increase student participation in the challenge
- Increased overall participation on previous years, with particular improvement in the younger, mini-challenge stream